Yiewsley Baptist Church seeks to be a church that loves God (Father, Son and Holy Spirit), loves our neighbours (the Community of Yiewsley) and makes disciples.
The members and friends of Yiewsley Baptist Church consider us to be a warm and friendly family church. Our aim is that the friendships and relationships we share with one another will extend and deepen with God and with our local community.
We long to see God’s kingdom in Yiewsley and for the Christian community here to grow. As such we need to commit ourselves to:
- Prayer: spending time with God (Father, Son and Holy Spirit);
- Being Disciples: learning to live every aspect of our lives in the pattern of Jesus; humbly guided by the Holy Spirit in the will of the Father;
- Making Disciples: drawing others into encounters with the Father, helping them to understand the teaching of Jesus and to be directed by the Spirit.
Our hope is for steady growth that exhibits the care and compassion of God in the reality of our lives; that love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, gentleness, faithfulness and self control would be evident in our words and actions.
Above all we desire to be within the will of God; we trust God to accompany us to his chosen path.
Specifically we believe God is directing us:
- To be a authentic multi-ethnic Christian community
- To maintain and cultivate family ministry
- To genuinely share responsibilities based on our gifts, skills and interests
To achieve these goals we must have our attention fixed on the redeeming work of Christ and be rooted in love and prayer.